Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches
Home › Forums › Ireland › reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches › Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches
According to F. O’Dwyer, Charles WIlliam Harrison was bon in 1834 at Cottingham in Yorkshire. He may ahve worked on the restoration of Lincoln Cathedral before coming to Ireland for Purdy and Outwaite (of 206 Great Brunswich Street) to work on the Kildare Street Club.
Theo Snoddy (p. 225) tells us that C.W. Harrison was born in 1834 and died in 1903 and employed James Pearse, the father o Padrig Pearse in Great Brunswich Steet. His son, Charles Lloyd Harrison (1858-1913), did much stone work for Ashlin including the panels for the High Altar and pulpit in St. Colman’s Newry – alas in mince condition. He also did work in Cobh Cathedral – so far, still surviving despite the combined “conservation” efforts of the HACK, the Restoration Committee and the Urban District Council and Cork County Council’s Conservation Officer.