Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches
Home › Forums › Ireland › reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches › Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches
Clonea Power Church is by JJ Mc Carthy C. 1860 , Is very impressive in its scale and location, in a beautiful part of Co Waterford behind the Comeraghs.
Plans do no reflect the quality of the church, particularly in blanket wall to wall instillation of ” polyfloor kudos whitle marble vinyl covering ” in scanturary and side chapels and large square “polyfloor vinyl tiles over ardex surface “in nave and aisles. Description is awful enough , just think what Pugin would say. No regard given to existing floor surfaces both original and exposed or currently covered over. McCarthy favoured small diagonal red and black tles in aisles. A church of this quality would be expected to have encaustic tiles in scanturay, which is currently carpeted.
Scantuary extension into nave is unneccessary
Can anyone visit ? Plans are on Waterford Co Co website ref 09/487
Photo on Co. Waterford Image Archive as follows :
Number : EB14
Title : Clonea-Power Church
Description : The front facade of Clonea-Power Church with a group of men standing outside. The church in Clonea-Power was built in 1860 at a cost of Â£6,000 by the Rev. Timothy Dowley, P.P.. The architectâ€™s name was McCarthy.
Photographer : Brenan, Edward
Image Date : Circa 1910
Museum Contact : Fraher, Willie
Donor : Name Kept Private
Archive Url : http://www.waterfordcountyimages.org/exhibit/web
Copyright : Co. Waterford Image Archive
Why do you not lodge an objection with Waterford County Council before the possibility of doing so expires?