Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

apelles
Participant

The inclusion of Sts Clement and St Alphonsus in the apse design above would suggest a connection with the Redemptorists. Praxiteles is not inclined to think that it ios Limerick – though the inclusion of St Clement here would at fiorst sight suggest that (but we already know that Hodkingsons of Limmerick did that interior). Perhaps someone ,ight look at teh Redemptorist monastery in Belfast or perhaps in Dublin as alternative candidates.

Quite possibly Prax but as we have seen before these interiors would have been remodelled & redecorated a number of times..correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Fermoy firstly painted by Hodkingsons of Limerick & later reworked by Craftworkers of Dublin? I’m sure that many beautiful interiors were wiped out only to be replaced with different beautiful interiors by other contractors…until more recently of coarse when they were wiped out to be replaced with white gloss & magnolia emulsion..or if you were lucky a flourescent pink!

Latest News