Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Praxiteles
Participant

@brianq wrote:

Prax, if I’m reading you’re post correctly you’re insinuating that the church featured in the image you posted is a Catholic one and therefore an example of current thinking in liturgical reordering in the Catholic Church. Well, I can allay your fears and rehabilitate the principle of reordering in your mind at the same time by confirming that the church is in fact a Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran church in Fond du Lac, Wisonsin.

BQ

Brian!

Reassurance is sometimes worse than perplexity. If the church displayed earlier on is a Lutheran one in Westconsin, what are we to make of the recent re-reordering in Armagh that leaves the Altar -the central point of a church and of the liturgy – on a plane several steps below that on which stands the cathedra and the choir-stalls? Indeed, looking at it again, the cathedra is in fact two planes higher than the altar plane. Also, the siting of the ambo on a plane higher than the altar and behind it is also a bit unusual. Please do not get me wrong on this – I am prepared to admit that the re-rereordering is light years ahead of the tooth but perhaps not yet at a state of perfection!

Latest News