Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Praxiteles
Participant

Brian

Could you ever explain to us what you you mean by saying that Place of Worship is an authentic Church document?

Clearly, you cannot here be speaking of a document having canonical effect and authority. In this sense, it has no bearing whatsoever on church architecture. It has already been pointed out on this thread, I think, that as the Art and Architecture Committee is an ADVISORY committeeto the Liturgical Commission of the Irish Bishops Conference, all it can do is advise the body that was appointed to advise. Clearly neither the Committee nor the Commission has any authority to LEGISLATE for the Bishops Conference. Indeed, it is doubtful that the Art and Architecture Committee should even have published the document Place of Worship.

I am am sure that you are expert in the rules laid out in the planning laws and how they are drawn up and how they are applied. In the Catholic Church, there are rules governing how the liturgy is celebrated and what is needed for its celebration. These rulese are laid down by ecclesiastical authority / and, I am afraid, that the Art and Architecture Committe is no such authority.

Latest News