Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Oswald
Participant
Luzarches wrote:
Oh, Praxiteles, please stop! It pains me that worshipers in these churches might commit the sin of idolatry! Their souls are in danger! I dread to think]

While they may be items of historic or architectural interest, Rood Screens give me the impression that their primary function was to screen out the ruder elements of the congregation and preclude universal participation in the liturgy. I am not sure that the Berlin Wall is the most appropriate analogy – it was after all designed to keep people in. What may be more relevant is they way the Berlin Wall has been conserved by the German people through demolition and recording. A number of sections are retained in situ in order to demonstrate the folly of the original structure. In most cases the Wall is recorded as a double line on the pavement which identifies the location and at the same time celebrates the fact that there is no longer any barrier.

Latest News