Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Praxiteles
Participant

The-Chris,again, got it wrong. THe FOSCC did win their appeal with An Bord Pleanala and planning permission to wreck the interior of Cobh Cathedral has been REFUSED.

I may have contributed to The-Chris’s confusion. I only had time to post the Inspector’s Report. This was done by Mr Tom Rabbitte. It was rejected by the Bord which then issued its own DIRECTION and then made an ORDER for CObh Town Council to refuse the planning application simpliciter.

DO read all three elements. They are important and, I believe, set a flag for the interpretation of this section of the planning act. As an initial commenton the question of the weight to be given to “respecting liturgical requirements”, I would bring your attention to the fact that it is substantialy that outlined by the lovely Deborah Spence of Arthur Cox and Co. on behalf of the FOSCC in their appeal lodged with An Board Pleannala last September. I think that the good lady deserves some kudos for that insight – an perhaps even a feather in her hat!!!!!

http://www.pleanala.ie/cobh.html

Latest News