Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Gianlorenzo
Participant

@THE_Chris wrote:

Im not going to get into this debate as both sides are firmly entrenched. But I will say this.

I am a bit disappointed in how the media and everyone on here are labelling John Magee as some form of mad heretic with a death sentence for us all. He’s been portrayed in a terrible way by the media and it seems there is a massive hate campaign against him by all.

I can say with hand on heart, knowing him personally, that is is the nicest man anyone could ever hope to meet. He is the most caring person I know. Very quiet and a bit shy, but get to know him and he is a great laugh, and the kindest man you could ever know.

Unfortunately, the media never acknowledge this, and everyones opinion of him is swayed by that.

He is now scared to leave his house because of the viscousness of this campaign against him. He used to take walks all over Cobh island. He cant risk it anymore. Would you go out on your own having received DEATH THREATS though the mail?

You read that right.

Please, if you want to have a campaign against the reordering then thats fine by me – its your opinion, but dont resort to personal attacks against John Magee. He doesnt deserve that.

If you will take the time to read back over this thread you will see that the campaign against the reordering is just that. It is in no way a personal attack on Bishop Magee, it never was and never will be. If you would take the time to get to know the people involved in the Friends of St. Colman’s who are running the campaign you will learn that they are some of the most loyal parishioner Bishop John has.
One of the most frustrating things about this whole affaire is the notion that this is in some way a personal attack on the bishop or the Church.
Regarding the death threat to the Bishop, of which I have heard, to the best of my knowledge it has been sent on to the Gardai and they are investigating. They have never approached the Friends about this as they know that it is nothing to do with them.
Please do enter the debate, but also please get your facts right. If Bishop John has been criticised on this thread it is in connection with the present re-ordering plans which are opposed by over 90% of his flock. If he chooses to ignore this fact then you cannot blame the people for getting angry.
If he only knew that the Friends are in fact a safety valve in Cobh as the anger that is there is currently mooted by the fact that the Friends are running the campaign and refuse to countenance any personal attack on the bishop and have never stooped to personal attack.

Latest News