Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Luzarches
Participant

It is an utter disgrace that anyone could issue a death threat against the bishop and whoever has done such a thing should feel abject shame.

But I would also pay tribute to those who have organised the true campaign, the organisers of the FOSCC. For them this has always be an arguement as to the prudence of the current reordering plans. I would never justify the crazed reaction of a very small minority, but a large measure of the ill will produced by this saga has originated in the less than plain dealings of the chancery as documented thoroughly elsewhere.

For my own part I do not doubt the right of the bishop to do as he pleases with the church within the law of the church and of the land, but I do question the merit on the grounds of architecture and liturgy.

One of the fruits of the Second Vatican Council is that, if ever the laity were passive and credulous, now we have members of the church who fully, actively and consciously live their faith and ask, in charity and love, for their voices to be heard on prudential questions by those who have been chosen to shepherd them.

Latest News