Re: Re: reordering and destruction of irish cathedrals – St Colmans Cathedral, Cobh

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reordering and destruction of irish cathedrals – St Colmans Cathedral, Cobh

Praxiteles
Participant

Ah, Michael, go post haste. The grim reaper has struck and I am afraid that not much of Kilrush will be left before very long. Up to recently, there was a decision published by An Bord Planala which overturned their own inspector’s report which recommended not granting planning permission. I wonder how or why something as strange as that could come about…….. Iwill try to find the link and you can the thing for your self.

The Canon in Kilrush who had an eye to architecture was of the same generation as Canon Dan Murphy in Charleville who staved off the destruction of that gem until oivertaken by old age. This generation of clergy knew something – most of the present generation know NOTHING about ANYTHING.

I all in favour of bankrupting a parish to build a decent church. It is an expense that can spread over several generations. If the penny pinching attitude was widespread in the 19th. century nothing would have been done and the taigs would be still be in their proper places in the back alleys.

Latest News