Re: Re: Perplexed Planning Green Horn

Home Forums Ireland Perplexed Planning Green Horn Re: Re: Perplexed Planning Green Horn


The simplest thing to do is to buy a 30 or 40 yr old dreadful large bungalow which is more or less satisfactorily located on its site, and clear of such covenants, (arguably unenforceable) and apply for permisssion to replace it with a smaller more ecologically friendly house. The council may argue that, as blows-in, you are not entitled to a new house, but when you put it to them that you are entitled to replace every element, one-by-one, and increase its size by 40sq m , and throw in a few outbuildings they may realise the weakness of their case. Preferably do all this before actually handing over any money, beacuse some councils may refuse anyway (See another recent thread).

Latest News