Re: Re: O’ Connell Street
please ! running luas up o’connell street is just wrong, all wrong !!!!!!!!! running it as far as abbey is bad enough, but the full length of the street – aaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1. it will ill have to share the lane with traffic or else the street will have to be reduced to one traffic lane, either way it will be forced to move at a snales pace …
2. We’ll have some bloody clunky raised platform on the median, and just a stones throw from the stop at abbey.
3. Severely damage the aesthetics & coherence of the IAP; poles, lines, wires, median trees removed – the street is starting to look cluttered enough as it is. (i know they can run wires from buildings & existing supports, but while they might be able to minimise the supports, we’ll still have wires running the length of the street.)
4. Disturbance to the red line while they ‘engineer’ this ‘cross’ or whatever the hell they are planning.
5. All the while when they are actually building a tunnell from the green to o’connell steet.
6. Beautifully timed to conincide with the end of the IAP works.
NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁