Re: Re: National Wax Monstrosity
@Paul Clerkin wrote:
From Bethesda to Cinerama
A number of movie theatres have shaped the cinematic landscape of the city over the past ninety-eight years. They include Dublin’s first dedicated cinema (the VOLTA, 1909), the city’s first purpose-built CinemaScope screen (STATE, ’54), the first twinned venue (SAVOY, ’69) and Ireland’s first multiplex (UCI TALLAGHT, ’90). A further number of both well- and lesser-known venues forms a significant part of the capital’s architectural and social history. One of these was the DORSET. The building it occupied for over seven decades had an unusual life, serving three di-verse purposes over two centuries.
heart breaking insnt it!