Re: Re: Macken St Bridge – Santiago Calatrava

Home Forums Ireland Macken St Bridge – Santiago Calatrava Re: Re: Macken St Bridge – Santiago Calatrava

Anonymous
Participant

@tommyt wrote:

As I’ve already stated ,you even number hogging steamers it’s gonna be the HAUGHEY FAMILY MEMORIAL PSEUDO HARP THOROUGHFARE TO GAELDOM. It will speed all bona fide childer of erin tothe heart of Hibernia, decreasing the time proper god- fearing dwellers of D3,5 and 13 have to spend in Babylonian D2 and 4. Hopefully our progeny won’t pick up that stoopid 46A drawl if they can be spirited out of the region in a more efficient manner to feis ceoil in Gorey and the like.
De bleedin’ Dubs will need one less slash stop as the coaches from Parnell Park make it to witness the hockeyin’ of Loch Garman in next year’s Leinster championship1st round. Wurth 80 mill of tax payers’ moolah any day.

:D:D written as only a true nartcider could!!

Seriously good piece of investment the lack of linkage of the East Link to Hannover Quay and the upper reaches of JR Quay meant that the only credible access provision between North and South Docklands was to create a road / tram link at this point. Lets not in this economic slowdown forget what the object was and will be again i.e. to create two high density mixed use districts one around JR Quay / Grand Canal Basin which is substantially complete and secondly another in the upper end of North Wall Quay linking back towards East Wall Road.

I don’t regard this as a monumnent I regard it as physical infrastructure and credit is due for actually designing a bridge that compliments its surroundingss unlike the 3 of the 4 three road crossings last build which excluding the James Joyce bridge have engineering qualities at best.

Hopefully its delivery will get the 46A brigade to consider the area North of the river which has moved a long way from its perception that the entire area was the borough of Sherrif St and that the proper regeneration of the area can be extended.

Latest News