Re: Re: Look at de state of Cork, like!
The boardwalk will be the work of Howard Holdings as part of the city quarter and will go ahead.
As usual I’ve got little to add but lots of questions:
Any dates expected on their Albert Quay announcement. When will the redevelopment of city hall begin?
Any links to the recent statements by O’C P in relation to the 6k seater event centre?
Which hotel groups should we expect for Mahon Point and Ballincollig?
Any progress with UCC’s new ICT Centre of Excellence at the old greyhound stadium?
In relation to Cornmarket Street there have already been excavation works, and the finds have been excellent so we should expect a protracted dig at this site. I’m all for progress but archaeology is very important and these ventures should be given great respect.
🙂 The Boardwalk at City Quarter is proceeding.
– Albert Quay IT/Office development by Howard Holdings is not expected to receive an announcement until at least March 2005.
– City Hall’s extension and refurbishment has begun, Cleary Doyle have been on-site for a month now. Main extension work is scheduled to begin end of December, early Janurary.
– O’C P links – don’t have any links but a copy of the article can be attained from the Irish Examiner Info Desk on Academy Street,
– Hilton Hotels have signed a lease agreement for the 150-bedroom hotel at Mahon Point. Marriott are understood to have commenced discussions with O’Flynn Construction for their 150-bedroom hotel at BTC (although Lynch and Ramada have also been in talks).
– UCC’s 150,000sq ft, 3-storey IT Centre on the former Greyhound Stadium lands along the Western Road have seen preliminary ground work initiated, but no fixed date for primary construction is yet available.
For anyone in the know, are there plans to develop Custom House Quay?Along what lines?
There are 3 plans in tow for Custom House Quay – with talks between the Port of Cork and JW Green ongoing. No particular plan has been championed as of yet. One plan proposes refurbishing, extending and reutilising the existing warehousing on site as a mixed-use entertainment complex.