Re: Re: Jury’s to be knocked in €160m revamp

Home Forums Ireland Look at de state of Cork, like! Re: Re: Jury’s to be knocked in €160m revamp

mickeydocs
Participant

This is a superb development site, and I hope the new building doesn’t obscure the view of St. Finbarr’s as much as the existing building.

Are the plans tasteful in design?

Any indication as to Fleming’s plans with the Tramore Road site (adjacent to Turner’s Cross)?

Originally posted by lexington
Yeah, this is an accurate report – but it wasn’t supposed to be officially made until Wednesday. Nonetheless, as it is out now, you may as well know, Jury’s Hotel site was sold to O’Callaghan Properties for 3m euros almost 2 months ago. It is the company’s intention over the next 2 years (planning pending) to redevelop the site with a 185 bed hotel and conference centre, 300 apartments, 450 underground car parking spaces, and various ancillary services. Jury’s will lease back the new 4-star hotel over a 35 year lease agreement with an expected rent of over 2.1m a year. Though I was aware of that this deal and development had taken in place over the original plan (see previous posts), the loss of 250 jobs over the developments 2 year period is news to me. It had been my understanding that Jury’s intended to offer temporary posts to staff at other locations throughout the country or offer extended paid leave over successive periods. However, this understanding would seem is inaccurate. I have to say that I am very disappointed with Jury’s strategy. This development could easily have continued without such substantial losses of employment. However, the construction of the project will create 400 temporary jobs and the new 6-storey hotel will facilitate a further 320 jobs in the long-run. A mixed day for Cork development.

Further to corkdood’s questions, O’Flynn Constrution have secured a tenant for their new hotel. The name will be released soon.

Latest News