Re: Re: Is part five of the planning and development act 2000achieving its aim

Home Forums Ireland Is part five of the planning and development act 2000achieving its aim Re: Re: Is part five of the planning and development act 2000achieving its aim

Anonymous
Inactive

I couldn’t agree more with you, Frank. However anytime I’ve tried to explain to people why I believe the notion of “Affordable Housing” not only to be misguided but in fact nasty and deeply immoral, I usually get the impression that extolling the virtues of pedophilia or gassing Jews would get a better reception. I.e. what sort of cold-hearted bastard could be against the government helping people to get a foot on the housing ladder?

The idea that the government operate what is effectively a lottery with prizes ranging in value between 50k and 100k is absolutely repellent to me. The idea that such a scheme could be considered progressive “social policy” is laughable. What’s next, an “Affordable Mercedes” scheme? Why not a scheme to give everyone in the country a free million quid? The childish nature of the policy is frightening. I hope it dies quickly.

Latest News