Re: Re: Irish Rural Dwellers Association

Home Forums Ireland Irish Rural Dwellers Association Re: Re: Irish Rural Dwellers Association

#767118
schuhart
Participant

@FIN wrote:

ha,ha…you are so blinded my friend.
i thought firstly that the cao was country wide so everyone can avail of the ‘bare leaving cert’ ( whatever that means ) gmit castlebar campus. this campus happens to be in the west. so what!
i am not evading anything at all. and what facts? you said we go to college more. i suppose it doesn’t fit in with yours and a lot like you that the culchies should live in thatched cottages and the like. it is that sort of ignorant shite that had this country on it’s knees for 50 years. but it does remind me of a joke i heard…. what does the average dubliner call a culcie? boss.

Now you are adding bluster to evasion. The simple fact is that Western students have nearby colleges with lower entry requirements. This is clearly one of the reasons they have higher participation rates. Another is the higher level of resourcing at primary level. @FIN wrote:

we did not choose the settlement pattern as you suggest. it is borne out of necessity.

You choose it through the local authorities that you elect. @FIN wrote:

why would you push your idea of a way to live on anyone else. your arogance has made you assume that your way is the only way.

I’m not pushing anything on anyone. I’m simple saying you have to accept the consequences of the choices you make, and not blame what flows from your decisions on Dublin people. @FIN wrote:

i said that i made a contribution to dublin. it is entirely true. as was pointed out in another thread and as you say it goes to centrral government. now if you can prove that every cent that i have paid goes into the west then by all means go for it

I’ve already posted a link to the CSO publication that documents the fact that the Western region is a net recipient of state funds, so I really cannot understand why you have not conceded this point. @FIN wrote:

i would be delighted to know that but also pretty pissed off as what did they spend it on? we have no proper roads. but this isn’t just a western thing as you are trying to make it. this is all around the country outside the pale.i am from the west and living here,

Your point about the infrastructure being lacking outside Dublin is frequently crowd pleasing, but utterly untrue. As has been said elsewhere, contrast the congestion at Dublin Airport with the way that the West is paved with underutilised airports. Infrastructure is only provided in Dublin long after the need has become critical, becuase of the petty begrudgery caused by any investment in the capital. @FIN wrote:

ha,ha…have you ever visited the west or anywhere outside dublin. i would suggest a trip and go see some schools.

Bizarrely, you said this in response to material I was quoting from the Western Development Commission in Ballaghaderreen. Like many people living in Dublin, I am well acquainted with the West, and the plain fact that it shows the benefits of the preferential treatment in receives. Unfortunately, people in the West seem less aware of the world outside their region. @FIN wrote:

i wasn’t complaining. i told the fact. i did myself but i was lucky enough that i could return. how does one-off house screw up the west? and i never complained about the social cost at all. i suggest you rerad what i type.

The social cost of one-off housing includes having a settlement pattern unsuited to attracting employment, which means people need to leave. You complained about people having to leave to find work, yet said you had no problem with farmers selling sites. Those sites would be used for one-off housing.

Which all adds up to you complaining about the social consequences of one-off housing, while not complaining about the cause of that consequence. Which is exactly the kind of utter nonsense that litters political debate in the West.

Latest News