Re: Re: Images from the Irish Capuchin Archive
Plan and elevation of Sacred Heart Chapel, St. Mary’s of the Angels, Church Street c. 1908-1909
Scale: 8 feet to 1 inch.
Detail from a plan and elevation by George Coppinger Ashlin & Thomas Aloysius Coleman, architects, 7 Dawson Street, Dublin, for the Sacred Heart Chapel, designed for Fr. Lawrence Dowling, Guardian, Capuchin community, Church Street. The Sacred Heart Chapel was an aisle-church addition to St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street. Construction was begun in March 1908 and was completed a year later at a cost of £4,000. The contractors for the building work were W. Connolly & Son and plastering work was completed by John Ryan. The detail shows an side elevation of the Chapel as viewed from the friary garden, a front elevation and a cross section. The firm of Ashlin & Coleman completed many architectural commissions for Catholic churches, convents and monasteries throughout the country.