Re: Re: Dundalk

Home Forums Ireland Dundalk Re: Re: Dundalk

#752616
Paul Clerkin
Keymaster

PHILIPSTOWN-NUGENT, a parish, in the barony of UPPER DUNDALK, county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 2¾ miles (W.N.W.) from Dundalk, on the road to Castle-Blayney and on the river of Philipstown; containing 459 inhabitants. It comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 1035¾ statute acres of land, chiefly in tillage. Here are the extensive flour-mills of Messrs. Keiran, fitted up in a superior manner; and at Hack*ball’s Cross is a station of the constabulary police. It is a curacy, in the diocese of Armagh, forming part of the union of Baronstown; the rectory is appropriate to the dean and chapter of Christ-Church, Dublin. The tithes amount to £107. 13. 5. The glebe-house is a handsome residence surrounded by neatly planted grounds; and nearly adjoining it is the church of the union, which is noticed in the article on Baronstown. In the R.C. divisions also the parish is in the union or district of Baronstown.

Latest News