Re: Re: Dublin skyline

Home Forums Ireland Dublin skyline Re: Re: Dublin skyline

ake
Participant

If you look at pictures of the customs house at night or in black and white you can see how well the dome really works on the building- and realise how plain the building would be otherwise- but this is actually impossible to appreciate in daylight as it is. What an awful awful state of affairs. On the subject of Gandon- his other beauty down the river – also ruined by the bolsheviks- is in my opinion in a very very poor state – the stone looks very dull grey in many places and around the back everything is just a mess. Also a very ironic misfortune- some of the most beautiful trees along the quays are exactly where they should’nt be – blocking the magnificent view of the four courts! Further east there are no trees blocking some horrible old worn out georgian factory flats! If only one could move a tree. In any case I’d like to see at least some of them removed from in front of the four courts.

VOTE- Which is the most magnificent classical building in Ireland – Belfast city Hall, Old Parliament Building (Bank of Ireland), Custom’s House, Four Courts, Trinity College ensemble or Dublin City Hall.

I think either the Bank of Ireland or Belfast City Hall. It should be in Dublin! 😡

Latest News