Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Home Forums Ireland Developments in Cork Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Anonymous
Inactive

@mickeydocs wrote:

I’m gonna finalise a few points and stop responding to you – in a Cork forum.
Your town is tiny. So is mine (but no where near as tiny as yours LOL and lots of sarcasm!)
What has Ennis got to do with Limerick? It is 40km from Limerick? Are you claiming this as a commuter town or as a suburb, or maybe the inner city… where will you stop, Sligo? Why don’t you count Cork in while you are at it.
Limerick and Galway (and Cork) are tiny conurbations at best, probably 10 mile radius (and exaggerated at that). It is spurious at best to claim Ennis as part of the ‘Limerick conurbation’.

Mickey its you who is turning this into a rant, cus you make up facts as you go along….Just look at what you just wrote.

Ennis is 36km. Not 40km. Same distance as Mallow is to Cork. It’s a gateway town in the Shannon region. It’s the Shannon development area Both towns are connected economically and physically. I just don’t accept your biased notions and non facts]. I’ve never knocked Cork. But you have knocked Limerick many times on this thread. You have also undermined its status, in order to feed “as you say hugley inflated sense of who we are as Corkonians”

Stop trolling Mickeydocs.

Predictions are suspect at best. Eastern Europeans are leaving our country en masse, and they counted for large percentages of the recent population growth across the county.
The growth of the past ten years will be replaced by population decline unless our economic fortunes change fast.

Not all, in fact there are alot of foriegner’s still staying here. So that is another incorrect claim. The only noticeable thing is the numbers coming here are way down and the ones that did lost jobs left the country.

Your claim that Limerick is a desirable place to be is not borne out by property prices which are on a par with Waterford and well below Galway and Cork. Property prices reveal either the desirability of a location, or a very limited supply of accomodation. I refuse to believe that there is any part of the country with an undersupply of accomodation.

How come Galway has higher house prices than Cork. Why has Galway higher house prices than Kerrry. Kerry is more desirable than all 3. So your argument here is flawed.

I’ve explained this argument already. You seem to have ignored my points. Limerick is the third wealthiest county in terms of GDP spending after Dubin and Kildare. Limerick is a very wealthy city. House prices has risen alot in the last 3 years and has been the most stable of the 4 major urban centres over the 3 year period. Not anyone elses fault that you are blinded by this reality. Limerick is a desirable location Have you seen North Circular road in Limerick it’s millionaires row. Drive by Cratloe and the hills is ditted with millionaire mansions. THe reality is most of the really wealthly Limerick people live in Adare, Cratloe, Caherconrlish, Castleconnel, Sixmilebridge, Killaloe, O Brien’sbridge. To finalise my point. Look at the regeneration of the city that has come from private local developers. This city has been given the cold shoulder by the government for many years. It was private investment that kick started the boom there. This will tell you that there is confidence, optimism and a desireability to live here. Business is business.

I totally accept that we Corkonians have a hugely inflated sense of who we are, but you know something, your hyperbole in relation to Limerick prove to me that we are not alone.

No, I don’t agree with your undermining attitude towards Limerick, at expense to your inflated sense of gobeenism. I don’t live in Limerick either:)

BTW I get the impression that you do not really belong in the real world and are something of a Walter Mitty character. Good luck to you, and off to the Limerick forum with you.

Maybe you don’t live in reality at all? The personal jabs was a bit of a dig.

I get the feeling that, this has turned idiotic. A normal dicussion that was turned into a rant, and no one provoked it as much as you. I made my points on the thread and defending Limerick when you made up biased points that were not entirely accurate.

Two other people had to correct your careless “little facts”

Case closed.

Latest News