Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Home Forums Ireland Developments in Cork Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Anonymous
Inactive

@dave123 wrote:

City and suburbs of both.

Limerick grew faster of the two. in this census, and the census before that. The reason why Limerick didnt grow as fast as county Cork is because Limerick metropolitician agglomeration spreads into three counties.

Nenagh and Ennis had growth rates of nearly 15%. But I’m not arguing your points. I just want to make sure your aware of the facts. And that Limericks population is incredibly undermined. Its even used for such sling shots on these threads. For example most people sprout Galway is bigger than Limerick. When the official boundary divisions are inaccurate and flawed to determine population stats when the boundaries have changed little in 3/4generations.

Limerick city is growing as fast as the other regions. The city of Limerick is going through some great rejuivention right now. Its now taking its place to be one of the most attractive feel good cities in Ireland. Something it was never judged as. Regardless of the census result’s both cities have really outdated boundaries and need to be widened asap.

1. Limerick grew faster of the two. Limerick city is growing as fast as the other regions. – Can you make up your mind please?
2. Nenagh and Ennis had growth rates of nearly 15% –
So did Mallow and Fermoy, which are nearer to Cork than Nenagh and Ennis to Cork – both are commuter towns but we do not include these towns in greater Cork
3. I have friends in Nenagh that would be annoyed if you claimed their town was a suburb/commuter town of Limerick

4. Limericks population is incredibly undermined. Its even used for such sling shots on these threads. For example most people sprout Galway is bigger than Limerick. When the official boundary divisions are inaccurate and flawed to determine population stats when the boundaries have changed little in 3/4generations –
Same for Dublin and Cork. Cork City Council is currently negotiating a boundary extension with Cork County Council – the negotiations aren’t friendly. If the City is successful the revised borough of Cork will have a population in excess of 250,000. This is hotly contested by the County Council as this will affect their funding.

5. The city of Limerick is going through some great rejuivention right now. Its now taking its place to be one of the most attractive feel good cities in Ireland. –
I visit Limerick occasionally on business – I get the impression that there is huge trepidation like the rest of the country, but maybe more so due to the huge job losses in Dell and the industries that support this.
6. The reason why Limerick didnt grow as fast as county Cork is because Limerick metropolitician agglomeration spreads into three counties. –
What has this got to do with growth rates?

Latest News