Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Home Forums Ireland Developments in Cork Re: Re: Developments in Cork

kite
Participant
Radioactiveman wrote:
I’ve got to mention this one as an example of what some developers think they can get away with. An application is with CCC at the moment for permission to knock the former Language institute building on North Abbey Street and replace it with a new building.
Now, a lot of people probably don’t know where the street is, never mind the building! North abbey street is the small lane running west from O’Connors Funeral Home at the bottom of Shandon Street. And the building is at the end of this street, at the junction with the side street running off the North Mall.
It really is a fine victorian building. Its a pity it is in such a cramped position in there and can’t be seen as well as it should. I include the drawings of the present building (dont have an photo) and the proposed piece of rubbish. If CCC have any sense, they won]

Who is the legal owner of this site, i.e. not necessarily the person (s) applying for permission?
Many properties in the Shandon Street area are owned by existing and former (now re-instated) local reps, just wondering if any of the usual suspects that allowed this area fall into ruin are set to gain if doggy permission is granted by CCC. 😉

Latest News