Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Home Forums Ireland Developments in Cork Re: Re: Developments in Cork

kite
Participant

@Paddyboy wrote:

Hi folks!
dont know for how long ive been browsing your comments & love to hear whats happening around da city. For the first time im in a position to buy a property that i LOVE. Not sure if im mad or not but ive put in a bit for the chapel for sale on the lee road /our ladys hospital.
It consists of the 900sq ft chapel on 0.8ac with full planning for a bistro/rest designed by coughlan de kyser etc…Suppose guys, ide love your help /views /advice with regard to what i can do with the chapel. What i want to do is live in it after doing a renovation job similar to those ive seen on grand designs on the tv….but ive no interest in building a bar/bistro thingy….and i dont have that kind of money…..What ide love to do is build some kind of contemp apartments which i could rent out….but yet wont ruin the appearence/character of the church…. Maybe im half mad but I have the money to raise enought the purchase & restoration of the chapel as my residence…..If i could do something with the remaining grounds….I may be able to live in this fab building with a reasonable mortgage………..Ide love if you can give me some ideas Thanks, Patrick

That Church is a beautiful building and would make a fine single or multi residence.
Before putting money into sub dividing the property into multi units I would suggest taking advice from a property expert as apartments to the rear of the Church are still plentiful after years on the market (see link below), The selling agent should be able to steer you in the right direction.
Best of luck whichever path you take.

https://archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?t=5077&page=33 post 821

Latest News