Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Home Forums Ireland Developments in Cork Re: Re: Developments in Cork

Anonymous
Inactive

@jdivision wrote:

No more so than the O’Connell Street thread which has discussed the Liffey boardwalk and the College Green area in extensive detail. It’s also nearly 10 times bigger than this one. On the foot of somebody who wasn’t a regular poster and perhaps reader of the thread — might even have been you?? — complaining about the previous Cork thread, it was locked. Posts like yours are likely to do it again. Regular readers had no problem following that discussion and enjoyed it – it’s no coincidence that the number of posts has fallen since then and the best and most regular poster has stopped posting entirely. New threads were brought in, the majority of which died a death. Search this thread to find info you’re interested in – It’s pure laziness to say it’s too difficult to follow.

I have no issue with the size of threads. At times the O’Connell Street thread has gone slightly off topic, but in general has been used to discuss the issue at hand. I also have no real difficulty with threads that are used as a means to discuss general issues about a city if there is no point in opening a new one. The original of this thread was closed after I made a comment regarding it. I am not entirely sure if was related or not, but it probably was (Incidently, I dont see why the fact that I dont regularly post on this thread is an issue in this regard either. In fact there is no thread that I would consider myself a regular poster to). I stand by it as the latest incarnation of it has actually been better in that at least transport (for example) now has its own devoted thread. I siimply feel that certain issues raised here could have their own thread instead of jumping all over the place. It is not out of laziness that I say this. It is just out of frustration of opening it to see what is meant to be a discussion ending up being a series of mainly disjointed comments. If you are in to that, so be it. But I simply felt it should be questioned.

Latest News