Re: Re: DDDA / Docklands Miscellany

Home Forums Ireland DDDA / Docklands Miscellany Re: Re: DDDA / Docklands Miscellany

Anonymous
Inactive

Has this series been mentioned on here yet?

The Urban Landscape Lectures

Dublin Docklands will be hosting three lectures in association with the Architecture Association of Ireland, the Irish Architecture Foundation and the Irish Landscape Institute, on the theme of “The Urban Landscape”.

The first lecture is by a Rotterdam-based practice, West 8, best known for Borneo Sporenborg in Amsterdam and who have worked on a number of strategic projects for the Authority.

Boston-based Martha Schwartz will also deliver a lecture on her work. A trained print-maker, Schwartz’s use of colour and geometry places her some way between a visual artist and a landscape architect. Her practice designed Grand Canal Square for the Authority.

Agence Ter, a Paris-based architectural practice co-founded in 1986 by Olivier Philippe, Henri Bava and Michel Hoessler will also give a lecture on their work. In 2006 they won the RIAI competition for a Linear Park along the Royal Canal in Docklands and in 2007 they were awarded the Grand Prix du Paysage.

All of these lecture are open to the public and free of charge. Doors open at 7pm and lectures will begin at 7.30pm sharp. There is a maximun capacity of 500 people and seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

* 12th February 2009 West 8 – Martin Biewenga
* 5th March 2009 Martha Schwartz Partners – Martha Schwartz
* 26th March 2009 Agence Ter – Olivier Philippe

http://www.ddda.ie/index.jsp?p=94&n=341&i=112

How will you recognise me? I’ll be the one being forcibly removed from the Martha Schwartz love-in.

Latest News