Re: Re: Cork Transport
how about just getting on with it and just doing SOMETHING constructive (pardon the pun), calling on the government to do this and that and writing to the likes of bus eireann to say “we urge you to make the service better” will do nothing, just GET ON WITH IT.
– stop making endless plans
– get Docklands going with light rail/tram to go through it, carriages to be 2 storey like australia, german trains
– sarsfield and bandon flyover
– kent station FULL change around, fully integrated with moved bus station, just make the damn place into a 21st century building
– increase of bus fleet to have smaller more frequent buses in the inner city and suburbs
– at least tripling of buses to carrigaline and crosshaven, at least two an hour being express to cork not winding down a country road to douglas
– night links to ballincollig, mayfield, glanmire,douglas/carrigaline
– car pooling initiatives with in conjunction with the park and ride
– a bus service that goes from frankfield to the LINK road i.e. not driving into douglas traffic at peak hour in the mornings
– cork airport debt to be paid off as promised, plenty of funds for the NDP so obviously theres enough left for Seamus Brennans promise to be upheld (and a few airbridges to be thrown in out of the change)
– multi purpose 40,000 seater stadium at the docklands where the light rail / tram will let you off at the station next to it, U2 to be the first to play but only in support of John Spillane
its election time, theres a change in the air, just do it
Good points – just do it especially when you see the docklands is dragging on for 6 years.
Finish Macroom by-pass & start north ring road.
Cork is slipping further and further behind other centres and about 10 – 15 years behind Dublin.
Theres always excuces her for not doing things.