Re: Re: Cork Transport

Home Forums Ireland Cork Transport Re: Re: Cork Transport

jungle
Participant

@corkdood wrote:

Also on the buses isn’t it time to extend the city bus fares to places such as Ballincollig. For example you can travel to Curraheen or Model Farm Road on City Bus routes (number 8 and 5) for 1.30 (single) but City Centre to Ballincollig fares are 2.60.

Doesn’t make sense when Ballincollig is arguably closer to the city (and faster to get to if the bus takes the Straight Road route)

I’m sure there are other examples – this is just one that I am familiar with.

There are examples all over the city.

The 6 to Grange and the 7 to Donnybrook travel several miles beyond Douglas, yet even the near end of the Rochestown Road is on the non city bus fares.

Yet, many of the estates in Rochestown have been there since I was a young kid.

Just to re-emphasise how rubbish the buses in Cork are, I’ll give you a story told by my sister.

She was waiting for a number 7 on the Douglas Road (supposedly one every 20 mins). After 40 minutes, there still hadn’t been one and she phoned Bus Eireann. She was told that there had been a crash (We’ll have to take their word for that) and that the number 7 was disrupted. As she said, what really galled her was that around 5 or 6 Carrigaline, Crosshaven, Haulbowline buses etc. had passed her as she was waiting. Now, normally these don’t stop on the way into the city to provide a speedier service, but how hard would it be to stop them in circumstances where they know the normal city buses aren’t running?

Latest News