Re: Re: Cork Transport

Home Forums Ireland Cork Transport Re: Re: Cork Transport

A-ha
Participant

@a boyle wrote:

As i alluded to in another thread. how is it possible that cork city has lost population in this new census.

It happened the same way it did in Limerick, out-dated boundaries. a boyle, you make it sound as if emigration from the city to the suburbs is unique to Cork. I believe it goes on in most cities]There is no chance of things like a light rail happening in cork without addressing this .[/QUOTE]

Maybe not light rail as in a tram, which I would be strongly opposed to if it were a Luas style system, but the Cork Suburban Rail is being extended into the suburbs and satellite towns right now. I believe it’s called planning ahead. For the fun of it, let me call out the suburbs of Cork that by 2008 will all be connected by suburban rail. Starting off – to the east we have Dunkettle, Little Island, Glounthaune, Fota, Carrigaloe, Ballynoe, Rushbrooke and Cobh with a branch of at Glounthaune to Carrigtwohill and Midleton. To the North, from Kent station we have Kilbarry, Monard, Blarney and Mallow. It’s not highly extensive, but it’s relied on by the thousands that come into Cork every day by train, whether it be for school, work or shopping.

Latest News