Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

urbanisto
Participant

Well, welldone Faddyfish. A small victory for aesthetics. I had noticed the signage at both College Green and Grafton Street taken down recently and to be just as fair there does seem to have been an effort made to tackle the near saturation of brown finger signs advertising the ‘National’ Wax Museum and the ‘National’ Leprechaun Museum.

As you rightly point out there are lots still about and the deal was (and the orders came all the way from the top of Irish Water) that the old signage would be removed by Roads following the roll out of the wayfinder. Aah sure we will get there in the end.

There is still in my view a huge deal of clutter in College Green. The newest eyesores about the city are the skeletal frames of former Smart phoneboxes which now litter many streets. I wonder was a bond taken by DCC at their installation to fund their ultimate removal. Perhaps this is work programmed in for the coming few months.

Little effort made to remove the empty signage poles that litter the place…including College Green. That is really a bridge too far.

Latest News