Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Blisterman
Participant

I think, before we start banning cars from the city centre, we need to sort out the Public transport system in Dublin. Compared to London, and other cities, it’s atrocious.
Where I’m from, in Clonskeagh, near UCD, there’s only one bus into town, and you’re likely to be waiting over half an hour to get it. I wouldn’t rely on that, if I had to be in work on time. And if you wanna get home after 11, you’re pretty much stuck with getting a taxi, which you also have to wait hours for, or walking.

And I live relatively close to the city centre. God knows what it’s like for residents of other districts further away from the centre. I don’t blame anyone wanting to drive to work.

What we need is a proper network of trains and Luas, which will enable people to confidently rely on public transport. Then we can start thinking about trying to reduce traffic in the city centre.

Latest News