Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Anonymous
Participant

@gunter wrote:

Trams everywhere have horns that blast you out of it when you’re trying to get a good photograph of something else, it goes with the territory …

Sure, i just don’t see it as a desireable component of any future public space at college green, which i would hope would be a pleasant space for pedestrians to potter around, without the likelihood of being clocked by a tram or being blasted out of it.

(I take it you’re conceding then that luas does not have a calming effect on streets generally & particularly pedestrian crossings ! :D)

@gunter wrote:

I think the reason for this is that the route chozen is a series of back streets which had bugger all commercial development on them before Luas, and now, because of the narrowness of the carriageways, they have more the characteristics of a railway cutting than primary arterial public transportation corridors, or whatever the phrase is.

Perpahs we’re both overstating the potential for luas to galvanise the regeneration of an area – as feck all has happened on the wider stretches of the city centre corridor either. Abbey St. is a good example, aside from what Arnotts have planned for Middle Abbey (which would have happened whether luas was there or not) little or nothing has happened on Lower Abbey.

Latest News