Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Re: Re: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

urbanisto
Participant

Im delighted to see Mr Davis back on view. 🙂 I agree its not the most attractive of statues, all its proportions are wrong and the face is odd to say the least. However its the whole ensemble I liked and I always felt so sorry for it, forgotten and forlorn on its traffic island. The floodlighting should improve its profile enormously. Incidentally, the works on this statue were completed by OPW as the statue is a national monument under their care (just like its sister monument of Wolfe Tone on the Green). I agree with your comments Graham about floodlighting the OConnell St collection….I’m amazed this wasn’t considered. Then again we have previously commented on the lack of hardwiring for tree lights around the plaza at Christmas and the inability to properly floodlight the lower sections of the GPO. Perhaps this project will open some eyes at the DCC.

I love summer in Dublin…all these lovely images of our city at its best. Dont know about that window though. I think swing-out, white PVC would have looked much better. And so much easier to maintain.:rolleyes:

Latest News