Re: Re: Brother Michael Augustine O’Riordan
St. Michael’s Church in Blackrock was built in 1821. It was destroyed by fire prior to 1964 when the present replacement was built. Images of the old church in Blackrock appear to be difficult to find. Should anyone have one, perhaps they might like to post it.
Samuel Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary of 1837 states teh following re. old St. Michael’s in Blackrock, Cork: “The R. C. chapel, erected in 1821, is a large and handsome building, and is a chapel of ease to the parochial chapel of St. Finbarr, or the South chapel: it was begun at the private expense of the late Dean Collins, aided by a subscription of