Re: Re: Brother Michael Augustine O’Riordan

Home Forums Ireland Brother Michael Augustine O’Riordan Re: Re: Brother Michael Augustine O’Riordan

Anonymous
Inactive

@Praxiteles wrote:

Not at all impossible. Do you have any pictures? A schooll built by him in Cobh was knocked down a few years ago with the permission of the enlightened Town Council.

This is the only picture I’ve ever seen of the old primary school in the Mon. It was reluctantly knocked down in the late 40’s or early 50’s because it was crumbling and beyond salvation. It was over 100 years old at that stage so it would of been late in Brother Riordan life if he did do the plans for it.

After doing a little reading on his style I found this

“Some “trademark” features common to his churches were the placing of large holy water fonts facing outwards on the front façade and having twin doors at either side of the Altar leading to the sacristy area.”
http://iefamily.ie/History.html

and it reminded me of the Brother Burke building with isn’t Brother Riordan work ( it was built in 1909 i believe) but maybe done in his style. I think there’s holy water fonts just behind the gates and the twin doors. Anyone else see it or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Latest News