Re: Re: Brother Michael Augustine O’Riordan
some one has asked why the sanctuaries in Br O’Riordan’s churches tend to have two doors leading to the sacristy located behind the east wall of the church. The two doors are explained by a requirement of the Roman Ritual which prescribed that for the celebration of High Mass he celebrant arrive at the altar on the gospel side (North Side) and keave the sancturay from the epistle or South side. This resilted in two doors being provided for access to the sacristy.
The source for this information is Michaelis Bauldry, Manuale Sacrarum Ceraemoniarum , (fourth edition), Venice, 1717, p. 162.