Re: Re: Airports; how many state subsidised airports are required in Ireland
Home › Forums › Ireland › Airports; how many state subsidised airports are required in Ireland › Re: Re: Airports; how many state subsidised airports are required in Ireland
– think that limerick’s actual population is in Limerick county:D
-Shannon has hardly any other routes beside the millitary/USA traffic
-They even suspect that numbers are lower in Shannon.
– they don’t even realise how much money Cork Airport cost Dublin DDA (which I believe was more of a burden than Shannon)
– They think that Cork does not get enough investment
– an that every part of Ireland outside Leinster and Cork, is underdeveloped.
On top of that they believe Cork has more reasons to keep it, there people from the midwest believe they have more reasons to keep it in the midwest…
Let’s not forget. while ALL the other regional cities including Dublin were leading the Celtic tiger boom, Cork had only started to take off in the last few years.Now it’s like Cork can take on Galway/Limerick or the rest of Ireland.
- Most of the population is in Clare! You noted that yourself!
- Passenger numbers are lower in Shannon! (see post #49)
- Can you provide some backup to your statement that Cork has cost more than Shannon?
- Cork doesn’t get enough government investment, nor does Limerick, Galway or anywhere outside the Pale.
Your comment about the Celtic Tiger must be a joke? Even though Cork City did not benefit as much from the Tiger as other cities (by which you seem to mean new buildings or development), the economy of the Cork hinterland was a significant contributor to the Celtic Tiger. Have you ever taken a drive around the Airport Business Park, Ringaskiddy, Little Island………………