Reply To: A city constrained by a Frank McDonald credo would be ‘dismal and prissy’ –

Home Forums Ireland A city constrained by a Frank McDonald credo would be ‘dismal and prissy’ – Reply To: A city constrained by a Frank McDonald credo would be ‘dismal and prissy’ –

lexington
Participant

@burge_eye wrote:

strange how these Cork based threads always seem to end in bickering and acrimony. It reminds me of those old silent movies where a massive fight breaks out and the 2 people who started it crawl out the bottom and walk away unscathed – Frank and Owen maybe?

Whose bickering? Debate is about airing views and they don’t always converge. Devin and republicofcork are entitled to express their opinion. I would only ask that when people do choose to voice such that they do so in a sense that does not ill-portray their character, sometimes, we all need (myself included) to be reminded of that. Don’t mistake debate for dirt-slinging…if people choose to go that route, that’s their issue but one should always stand their ground.

As for Cork-based threads etc etc – I think you should read through some of the other threads, I think you’ll note that such discussions span a multitude of topics and are not always pleasant. A good example was the back-and-forth between Diaspora and alan_d at one point, but I know understand that it’s all history – maturity dictates one can see past these things. And they have. I will always argue my position, one should always defend themself, and if I don’t like what someone says I will point it out and retort but all the same I don’t hold any ill-concepts of those that challenge me. That’s what makes for good discussion. If persons wish to portray childish behaviour, their actions represent themselves.

Latest News