Reply To: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

Home Forums Ireland college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians Reply To: college green/ o’connell street plaza and pedestrians

kefu
Participant

Diaspora, anybody going Northside to Southside will rarely if ever drive as far as Matt Talbot Bridge because the traffic light there allows about four cars through on each turn.
That means if there are even twenty cars there, which there normally are – you will have a six or seven minute wait.

To return to the subject, I think College Green should be effectively pedestrianised and all but taxis, buses and car park traffic banned a-la St Stephen’s Green East. Traffic will be slowed but it is hard to imagine it going any slower.
Banning traffic from turning right onto O’Connell Bridge and then funnelling down Townsend Street does not, however, contribute to reducing traffic flow on College Green.
From a personal point of view, it would make my particular drive in the morning from Stoneybatter to Ballsbridge, which I used to go via Stephen’s Green for, an even bigger nightmare.
And please don’t offer me any more route advice, I know practically every single road and shortcut in the north and south city.

Latest News