Reply To: Decentralisation – the end…?

Home Forums Ireland Decentralisation – the end…? Reply To: Decentralisation – the end…?

Leesider
Participant

Originally posted by Diaspora

There were jobs decentralised out of Cork City recently as well was it to Bandon or Macroom?

How do Cork people feel about it?

Personally, I’d have no problem moving to any of the places you mentioned even Clon but on spatial planning grounds only places the size of Sligo or bigger would work I think.

2,000 semi-state jobs including Failte Ireland would do Cork no harm and would aid your plans for a commercially viable trans-atlantic service.

2,000 jobs for Cork, but how many of these will actually come about?? It’s grand giving the jobs to places like Clon if you are starting from scratch, but when you are asking people to move from Dublin the least you can do is give them a viable option!

The governement seems to be killing it’s own spatial plan with it’s decentralisation plans!

As for Dublin dieing a death I don’t think ye need worry about that, what will kill Dublin is over centralisation, which has been going on for decades now. But the major problems with this have only become apparent in the last 10 years.

Latest News