Reply To: Third party right of appeal

Home Forums Ireland Third party right of appeal Reply To: Third party right of appeal

FIN
Participant

appealing to the planning authority is a right but i think it relates to appeals to an bord pleanala. if the authority did it’s job right then there wouldn’t be rubbish built. mind you on that same tone it’s up to the professional’s not to design rubbish but here i suppose any woodwork teacher can call themselves architect’s and most of what they produce is absolute shite. so an bord is maybe a good way in that respect but it is open to abuse from small minded simpletons who have nothing better to do than object. in fact, who is an bord pleanala, how do you get on to it? are the public appointments, if so are they open to bribery( as we all know, cos we pay for these bloody tribunals,seems rife) , are the public servants? if so what qualifications and who dicided these where the best to review architecture.
sorry alan, getting off point there. but you all over there have to be careful in this regard. this is where i presume the rias or riba step up to the plate and make appointments or have some sort of input into the make-up of any such thing.
if it just appeals to local authorities, then there is a lot of unrest here. i know of 1 in particular, i amn’t involved so i can mention it, a hotel in a medium sized town in galway. no objectionis from anyone in the town or county at all. the 1 objection came from someone in kildare and went through the whole process and won it with an bord. this has agrevated everyone surronding the town as it has stopped vital economic investment, an addition to local amenities and how can someone so far away influence the growth and prosperity of a town. this has to be gaurded against as well. of course hippy’s of the earth or whatever there called want this, ths would no doubt happen within your communities as well.

Latest News