Reply To: Which Irish political party do you trust most with the built environment?

Home Forums Ireland Which Irish political party do you trust most with the built environment? Reply To: Which Irish political party do you trust most with the built environment?

PaulC
Participant

Your points dont make any sense. That is why a lot of people have these ridiculous debates with you.

This thread is actually about the politics behind the built environment, or more to the point who do you trust with it.

MODERATOR Is this correct? Has this website such a narrow focus? Some how I doubt it.

It certainly has nothing to do with stadiums at edge city that weren’t built.

Why can we not discuss that topic????? You are serious waffling here – STOP DIGGING.

You are right that UL is not a stadium but Thomond Park and The Gaelic grounds are, as is Croke Park, as is Landsdowne Rd.

Sports Campus Ireland was more than just a stadium. It included other sports facilities which we do not have e.g. indoor arena of any decent size. And the Gaelic Grounds and Thomond Park are hardly world class stadiums (btw I am from Limerick).

You have listed Government Buildings, the view from Merrion St is damaged by the Dept of Agriculture building on Kildare St.

What has that to do with the refurbishment of government buildings????

Ardnacrusha opened in the 1920’s

What is your point here????
Including Ardnacrusha is as relevant to this discussion as any other point.

The M50 at Carrickmines Castle is exactly what this question is about, would another minister sign off on a scheme to destroy a medievel castle when other credible routes existed?

I am sure Ireland isnt the only country that faces problems like these. The road will be built one way or the other. Projects of all sizes encounter problems – most of which you can preempt, but the rest you deal with – this will be dealt with.

So all in all none of your points actually make any sense. You started by getting into a tizz over Charles H v Garrett and you havent made sense since. Go back to the original question that Paul set and try to add something constructive to it rather than raving.

Latest News