Reply To: Which Irish political party do you trust most with the built environment?

Home Forums Ireland Which Irish political party do you trust most with the built environment? Reply To: Which Irish political party do you trust most with the built environment?

Anonymous
Participant

With the exception of the green party no sizeable group can claim a pair of clean hands in relation to the Built Environment.

But the Built environment is not the only consideration at election time.

More important than party is generally location of the canidate, taking Kerry in the Locals where canidates from the big four parties ( FF FG Lab & SF) are all queing up to pass section 140 motions unopposed tells its own story.

All the major parties have had ministers of the Environment that presided over the destruction of the built environment most notably Neil Blaney when in Fianna Fail although I think he was kicked out for helping gun runners. Bobby Molloy also when in Fianna Fail although he got a fit of conscience and joined the PD’s then there was Tully of Labour who only lost his seat. I’m sure Fine Gael also had a crocker or two in their past.

But political parites are a bit like stock markets past performence is no gaurantee of potential future returns.

For these reasons Diaspora is voting for the Ecologist Brendan in the Europeans knowing that he can transfer on to Ivana Bacic and Eoin Ryan.

In the locals I am voting for a former mayor who gave the freedom of the City to Anna from Burma and has based her campaign on pinning down what the new development status for Rathmines in the development plan actually means.

No preaching, no getting arrested only a calm persitence that allows many different issues to move forward simultaneously.

I am not voting for Michael Donnolly of Fianna Fail who surfaced after 5 years in Rathfarnham with an invitation for free wine in the local pub.

Latest News