Reply To: carlisle pier shortlist

Home Forums Ireland carlisle pier shortlist Reply To: carlisle pier shortlist

Anonymous
Inactive

Although the Poll is showing Henegen.Peng and Libeskind as clear favourites amongst people who view this site, what do people think is the most likely scheme to get the go ahead? I personally think that realistically speaking the Libeskind design will be chosen. I think this because he is presently, whether we like it or not, a ‘household name’ of architecture. the design brief sets out that the building has to be an “exceptional landmark building of international architectural quality that regenerates and enlivens the waterfront.”
I think that the fact that it aims for the building to be internationally recognised indicates that it will chose an international hard hitter. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying it should win, I am just trying to see exactly what it is that they are looking for. The other way of looking at it is that Henegen.Peng are presently building a strong international reputation and the Harbour Company might decide that it would be a good idea to promote their work. I also realise, as Pragmatist pointed out, that the Libeskind design goes over the specified limit by widening the pier, so is likely to come under scrutiny from the public and other areas. The reality of it though is that which ever project is chosen is likely to be very controversial.

Latest News