Reply To: Coup d’Etat in An Taisce?

Home Forums Ireland Coup d’Etat in An Taisce? Reply To: Coup d’Etat in An Taisce?

FIN
Participant

Originally posted by Devin
Get your act together Fin!! Thursday’s Prime Time was a special on one-off housing, featuring a report, followed by a studio discussion with a panel of six people, one of whom was from An Taisce.

well i am sorry. i shall try to get my act together in the future…. and really give a crap.

Yes, the usual bungalow defenders (O’Cuiv, Caulfield) didnt come off very well this time. They tried the usual tactics against An Taisce, attacking “its” policies, but Frank Corcoran just calmly and clearly reiterated that An T. simply apply Government policy (contained in the National Spatial Strategy) and that – he was trying to get this in but Miriam O’Callaghan kept talking over him – Government policy is in turn based on European environmental legislation that Ireland has signed up to..

were watching the one on rte 1 ????? if so i must have seen a different one.

Emer O’Siochru (somebody described as a hippy) is a well-respected architect who’s been working in the area of built heritage for many years…

i have never heard of her…well-respected where???? and i called her a hippy because she came across as one.

Mr Llyod Webber said he realised there were few things more infuriating than “some outsider pontificating about the affairs of another country.

is not the spokesman for an taisce(definately here anyway) not of similiar heritage as loyld webber? and yes there is nothing more infuriating

But I plead a huge affection for Ireland and it grieves me to see such a special landscape besmirched by houses that have absolutely no sympathy for local vernacular architecture whatsoever”, he said yesterday……’

from his large mansion no doubt.

oh! i found this and thought of you….

Latest News