Reply To: Busaras

Home Forums Ireland Busaras Reply To: Busaras

Anonymous
Participant

I didn’t see the plans but I’m sure that if they were anything other than minor ones there would have been a lot of noise.

Re The current number of buses using Busaras, Notjim is totally correct when he says that the situation will have to be looked at.

I don’t know how anyone could have designed Luas to go down Store Street given the existance of a Bus Station where most buses must pass the exit, enter, exit and pass the entrance.
Combine this with the Central Police Station for the North City and it enters the land of Fr Ted.

But being more positive, it seems to me that most of the Bus traffic from Busaras seems to be servicing Leinster Commuters/Shoppers i.e. the hinterland more than National Traffic.

Bus Eireann have already moved the Ratoath service to Beresford Place, I think that this is the way to go.

There are many underused Streets in Dublin that with a few decent bus-shelters could accomodate many of these buses and it would even be possible to open a waiting room if a small retail unit were taken for tickets and a shop and toilets as well.

Any ideas on which services would be prime targets for a move or which streets could accomodate them?

Latest News