Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

Home Forums Ireland Look at de state of Cork, like! Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

lexington
Participant

@rodger wrote:

Hello and good evening to one and all this is my 1st post on this very well worded and informed public forum. Frinila seem to be the flavour of the day,has any one noticed the councils refusal for their propsed development 04/5355 in Glanmire their is a bit of a hum off the file.Any comments?

That’s right, their 121-unit development at Church Hill didn’t work out to nice for them. CorkCoCo shot the project down on a number of issues incl. traffic etc. Though they did receive a grant on their Ladyswell project (only just!), they received a a twist of lemon with the permission in that they’ve had to reduce the height, and subsquent units as a result of the conditions. I’ve seen the plans numerously and in detail, and to be honest, I think the logic regarding the reduction in height (again!) is pretty farsical.

@gos24 wrote:

Lexington,
On a point of interest if you take a look at the Kerry County Council website http://www.kerrycoco.ie and hit the search planning tab a similar page to that on the Cork City Council website appears, whereby you can enter the name or planning number of the application you wish to look up. However on the Kerry website you can view PDF files of all the drawings, submissions etc on the file and I was just wondering if all the planning authorities will follow suit or is there any obligation to do so? Cheers 🙂

To be honest with you – I don’t really know. As far as I know its a discretionary preference – but I am familiar with the Kerry CoCo system in that regard (in other regards I’d rather not discuss it! :rolleyes: ) and it is useful and informative. I would like to think a similar system would be made available in Cork as it may, to some, extent, reduce the numbers of publuc misinformation regarding certain developments. So, who knows?! Perhaps Cork City Council will have better answers for you. http://www.corkcity.ie I’m sorry I can’t be of much help on that particular topic.

Latest News