Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

Home Forums Ireland Look at de state of Cork, like! Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

lexington
Participant

*UPDATES*

🙂 McCarthy Developments, despite working on an extensive residential development project at Jacob’s Island near Mahon Point, have decided to extend their Harty’s Quay development across the estuary, with 2 new blocks applied for containing 25 apartments each (50 in total). McCarthy Developments have put this down to the demand generated by Hartys Quay’s existing units and those currently under construction – by Ridge Developments.

So, now that Mahon Point is up and running (a few more units set to open in the coming weeks) – what of Cork’s other big retail development? That at O’Flynn Construction’s Ballincollig Town Centre, opening for October 2005, which will provide a futher 230,000sq ft of retail environment – what and more importantly, who, can we expect to see here? Well the tenant list is vigorously guarded, and I have been asked not to name a few tenants – but I can tell you that so far, the mix of tenants is looking pretty okay…

Dunnes Stores will anchor 2 units, food and clothing, encompassing an area total of 60,000sq ft. Easons will house a sizeable store, with mezzanine cafe; Sasha are said to be assessing a unit also. However, all the interesting names remain under wraps. Negotiations have, however, been engaged with NoName, Cummins Sports, Bagel Bar, Dublin-chain Hickeys Pharmacy and others – however, none of the aforementioned have been confirmed. I will be able to provide a better list in the coming months.

I can tell you however, that a number of names have already signed on for the yet to be launched Academy Street development by OCP. Gasoline, with stores in Mahon Point and Merchants Quay, already have their name seeking for a place at the new development [with a view to relocating their MQ store to a larger unit at this facility]; Zara, Massi Dutti, Esprit, Tommy Hilfiger, Sisley, La Senza, TopShop/TopMan, Selfridges and many more are all on the names which will likely seek a footing at the centre. I’ll be sussing out more names – however, Gasoline and Zara have been confirmed by their respective management as ‘actively seeking’.

– also, Marks & Spencers may seek discussions about a possible store at an extended Mahon Point, as part of an overall expansion plan for Ireland (M&S will take over operations of Roches Stores food divisions in Galway and Blackrock, Dublin as part of this plan).

Latest News