Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

Home Forums Ireland Look at de state of Cork, like! Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

lexington
Participant

@bunch wrote:

in cork city council’s development brief for the patrick st/academy st site, it was clear that they are eager to retain the laneways – faulkners + bowling green and it is proposed that any development would use the lanes as an integral part of a scheme – it also suggests widening of faulkners to make an attractive pedestrian thoroughfare

Though this is true, it does not necessarily imply that Faulkner’s Lane for example will be retained. When MQ was proposed way back when, planners were initially steadfast in their wish to retain a number of laneways and streets which would be affected by the development. However in the end, it was agreed that in the interests of the development – exceptions would be made given the context.

Like I said, I have yet to view final drawings so I can’t give you a definite on Faulkner’s Lane at this point.

*UPDATES*

:rolleyes: John Cleary Developments have been refused planning for 17 light industrial units and 11 incubator units which would have create up to 320 permanent jobs on lands adjoining the existing Northpoint Business Park at Kilnap, Blackpool. Although I still believe the development in principle – which adheres perfectly to existing zoning and planning regulations regarding use – would have been highly beneficial, I’ll have to go with the planners on this one. The development in its design was insufficient – even after Further Info requests and outlines. Hopefully JCD will come back with a more suitable but similar use development in the near future.

– meanwhile, the interesting Motor Mall development planned by JCD for Mahon Point (on former Sifco site) is due a decision date come the 31st March 2005.

🙂 Michael O’Driscoll has been granted planning for the refurbishment and extension of renovation and extension of his office building at 81 South Mall. The building will be of particular note for those interested in period architecture along South Mall. Edel O’Regan and Associates were responsible for design.

🙁 Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) have applies to Cork County Council for further reductions and alterations to the Cork Airport new Terminal development (SIGH!) – first airbridges, now this.

Latest News